Tuesday 19 May 2015

Redeeming the Little Minutes

Sunshine, pretty flowers, bright blue butterflies, birds chirping & bunnies....  These were my finds today while out walking. I had an hour or so while waiting for my sweet little one after school today & decided to use those minutes. It has been years since I took a stroll in Spruce Grove. Since moving out into the County, I try to avoid walking in town. Today was filled with wonderful surprises. 

I have come to the realization that life really is not slowing down. So what am I going to do?  For starters I'm going to make sure that I do my best to use the little minutes to the best of my ability. You know those minutes that fill our days but are not really spent doing anything useful. Most of my little minutes are waiting minutes. 

Earlier today I arrived at an appointment quite early in the city. I was frustrated to find that for once my Kindle was not stashed in my purse. I ended up using up that time on my phone doing a little of this & a little of that. I did not use that time well. 

This afternoon I was determined to use my minutes better. So far I've managed a restoring walk & this blog post. This time I do have my Kindle with me. My sweet girl will be done in about 10 minutes. 

The little minutes of life....  We can use the well or just let them slip through our fingers. I plan to pay more attention to this from now on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment