Tuesday 15 March 2016

One Step at a Time...

With the start of a new IHC year comes new goals & new challenges. Personally, the start of this year has not been easy. I am so grateful to have Kung fu. I have used it as a distraction and definitely a coping mechanism lately (my kung fu family is one of my greatest support networks).   Thank you all!



Sifu Brinker asked at the meeting how our weapons forms are going. This year I chose the Tai Chi Broadsword form. I am really enjoying it. It has been really therapeutic and a wonderful change of pace from last year. I think I have most of the moves learned. There is a lot of tweaking left to do but I'm feeling pretty good about where I am at right now.


Now for a funny story...  I actually wrote that last paragraph last week before our IHC class.  At that class I found out that I was indeed doing a form, we just were not sure what form it was...  Many, many thanks go out to Sifu Hayes and Ms. Tomie.  After two more hours of instruction, I believe that I now indeed have most of the moves in the right order and in the right places.


My hand form is a completed different story. The Beckett's recommended Tai He for me this year. It is a very cool form. The learning on this one has been much slower though. It is a completely different style of movement than I am used to and the adjustment is proving to be a challenge.  This has the potential to be it's very own blog post in the near future, so I will leave it be at that.


I also have some interesting personal goals that I am working on.  Right now the biggest personal challenges are in the areas of mending relationships and piano.  Also blog posts for another day.


All that said, I do have a ton going on.  My world has felt very upside down and crazy.  To be honest, since the accident I have felt like I've been living in survival mode most of the time and that is not where dreams are dreamed and achieved.  My numbers this week really reflected that struggle.  Today I will chose to put those not so stellar numbers behind and start fresh - an exercise that I need to do each and every day.  I have some dreams to chase and goals to achieve!

1 comment:

  1. Despite your challenges, your journey continues to inspire.

    ReplyDelete