Thursday 13 August 2015

Week 25 - That Old Saying...

"How am I doing?"  This is the question that I am asked the most followed quickly by - "Is there anything I can do for you?"  I struggle with both of these questions.  First of all, I have a hard time admitting when I am struggling.  Second of all, I find it even harder to ask for help.  I am used to just handling everything life throws my way.


So the answer to the first question is...
I feel like I've been hit by a truck.
That is the answer I gave my hubbie on Sunday morning when he called to check on me.  Seems like a fitting answer.  It is the truth. 


This week has been a tough one.  Honestly, I am struggling with whiplash after the accident on Saturday.  I have had a headache pretty much since Sunday morning.  When it is at it's worst, I need to go lay down.  It is causing lots of nausea.  My appetite is way down to the point there are times where I have forgotten to eat.  Anyone who knows me, knows that this is not a common occurrence.  I am fighting a lot of brain fog as well.  Emotionally I am all over the map.  Most days this week have consisted of figuring out what absolutely has to happen and then putting one foot in front of the other.


So where is my training at?  Well, the physical side has pretty much ceased to exist since Saturday.  I am finding that the day to day dealings of life with the addition of a gazillion calls with insurance stuff has drained most of my energy.  I am still figuring out where I am and then I will start working on what I can do.  I need to be careful.  I want this to heal properly.  Unfortunately, I seem to be unable to break myself in such a way that there is a quick fix...  


Now for the second question...  Right now, please just keep being the amazing people that you all are.  I appreciate all of your encouragement, kindness and concern.  For the time being, I will be likely riding the bench for a bit.  Please know that that is not where my heart is.  It is on the mats.

1 comment:

  1. Nothing wrong with riding the bench. It sucks, but you will heal sooner if you are mindful of your pain, and don't push too hard too fast. Hard to do, I know. Take care you.

    ReplyDelete