Thursday 6 August 2015

Week 24 - The Holiday is Over

Our camping holiday was exactly what I needed.  I was able to unplug and really catch my breath.  I needed to stop before I just simply could not continue on anyway.  I took the time I needed and used it to spend quality time with my people and to simply just breathe.


So, now the holiday is over...  Really over...  I am having troubles getting back into the groove that I had found before I went away.  Life really piled up while I was gone.  Maybe not anymore so than before I left, it just feels like it after stepping away.  This week my numbers were pretty sad.  Last night I declared the holiday over and that I was going to jump in in the morning and get back at it. 


Well I did jump back into life but not kung fu.  I found myself reflecting on my chaotic day on the way to my daughter's kung fu class tonight.  I had not done a single thing to move forward on my goals today.  I had been busy, very busy.  Everything I had done needed doing.  I had not wasted my day away, yet after vowing to make a change - NOTHING! 


Thank goodness I was on my way to the kwoon.  I was able to get in some practice and reps while working with a great bunch of mini-martial artists.  The icing on the cake was watching my sweet girl get the stripe she has been working hard on. 


The kwoon was exactly where I needed to be.  This week, I have much work to do and right now I am feeling ready to tackle it.


Here are my YTD totals as of the end of week 24:
Push ups             20,094
Sit ups                22,645
Kempo                  191
Staff                      289
Sparring                510
KM                       430.6
AoK                     450
Personal Goals:
Gratitude Journal  472
Piano                     37.2 hours
Books finished       13 
Daily fruit - 131 days
365 photo challenge - 109 days
Daily journal - 151 days

No comments:

Post a Comment