Sunday 24 March 2019

What?!? No Fitness Genie....

Wanted:  Looking for one fit, unbroken body that can withstand the Black Belt Fitness Test.

Ha!  If only it were that easy.  But alas, that does not seem to be how this works.  To date I have been unable to find a magic genie willing to grant me this one little (well sort of little) wish.  I suspect that if it were that easy, I would miss out on many important lessons along the road and I just may not have the same appreciation at the end.

To date, the biggest obstacle that I can see for me on grading day is my fitness level.  Today, with the body I have and the fitness level I am at, I do not believe that I could even complete the fitness test.  If you can't complete it, then you most certainly have no hope of passing it. 

I have been fighting the internal voice that reminds me that I have known about the fitness test for years.  Surely it would have made sense to prepare a little more in advance.  Yes, but in many ways, I doubted that I would ever truly be in a position where I was taking a grading year seriously.  Now I am in a place where I honestly don't have time to even entertain that little voice.  It is time to just get moving.

This week I made another step in the right direction on this portion of my journey.  My girl and I signed up for memberships at the Tri.  I have started the hard work that I have ahead of me but I plan to do it as carefully as I can taking into account some of my more broken parts (particularly my right hip).  Today I worked on some interval running on the track.  As of today, I can assure you that there are many parts of my body that do not appreciate running.  Not even a little....  Hopefully with time it will forget this great dislike as I continue to press in and on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment