Saturday 14 October 2017

To Blog or Not To Blog....

That is quite the question...  Hmmm....  Obviously, the answer is yes, blog.

I have been putting off my blog all week.  Last week's blog took 3 days to write.  It feels like I just finished writing it and bang it's time to write again.  Then there is the mental task of thinking what to write about.  What is going on that is relevant?  What is going on that I actually want to put out into the public space?  What will someone want to read (which includes the me of the future)?

This week I have been feeling quite funky.  The shorter days and lack of bright sunshine has been taking it's toll on my mental space.  The paperwork that I needed to collect and log for my accident was looming over my head.  Yesterday I finally finished pushing through the last of it and dropped it off at the lawyers.  That was a hard process.  The continual reliving of the hard stuff from the last two years kept pushing me down.  Then add in that my internal solar panels needed some serious sunshine to get my groove on.

I have often asked myself, where does the time go.  Yesterday I discovered that I spent 146.5 hours alone in the last two years just driving to and attending appointments directly related to my accident.  Ugh...  That is a huge chunk of time.  Time that I needed to be doing exactly what I was doing at that moment, yet, how I would have loved to have had those hours to invest in other ways.  This does not include the time I spent unable to do life with headaches or brain fog, time spent napping so I could heal.  If I had properly tracked that time, then I'm sure the number would have completely blown my mind.  If I can make this huge amount of time to care for myself, then surely I can find 15 minutes to put some thoughts down in my blog.

So today my answer was to blog...  What will your answer be?

No comments:

Post a Comment