Monday 13 March 2017

The Flip Side of Opportunities

Just finished plowing through the huge number of blogs posted this weekend.  Well done team!!! 


Monday is supposed to be my blog day.  Even last night I was not really sure what I was going to write about but after reading the blogs this morning, I decided to share how my week has gone in light of my last blog.


Last week I shared how super excited I was with all the opportunities that were all around me.  I was jumping on board left and right ready to knock my goals out of the park.


So how did the week go?  I made a great deal of progress on some of my goals.  I did go to knitting class and despite being teased by my family about being old, I did make a dishcloth.  Technically, I have met my goal for the year.  I have learned to knit and I did make a project.  I am not done though!  I have two more classes which means at least two more projects.  For last week this was my big win.


I also had a smaller win by getting started on another personal goal that I had been previously stuck on.  It's a long term one, so there will be no quick hit of adrenaline and then success on this one.  Slow and steady progress - at least I am started.


As for the rest of the week, I'm not really entirely sure where it went.  I was all go and crazy busy.  I was eating right, getting in extra workouts, hitting my reps, working away at my goals  BUT my life was really unbalanced.  There were other areas that were put on hold to make this happen (Sifu Rybak's ball dropping analogy).  This weekend was hard.  I more or less started crashing on Saturday.  Then Sunday the bottom fell out.  I was an overwhelmed, anxious, stress out, exhausted, grouchy mess.  Reading Sifu R. Langner's blog about pacing his goals and Ms. Kohut's blog about priorities hit me with so much to work through this morning.


I have never been great at the balancing act.  One of the professionals I worked with while healing my concussion was constantly reminding me that I was not Superwoman, nor did I need to be.  Realistic expectations of what I am able to accomplish in a day is something I am still practicing.


Anyways, I am off to do it ALL!!!  Oh wait, no, I'm off to try to make a more realistic plan for my week that will help combat the feeling of chaos and overwhelm in my poor brain.

3 comments:

  1. I get the unbalanced thing but seriously, I so think you are a super woman! You need to embrace your awesomeness and celebrate your successes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen,
    I don't know if you'll be able to open this link or not - but this video hit home for me. https://www.facebook.com/CurejoyMoms/videos/621418948051383/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slow and steady wins the race (ancient children's proverb I believe).

    ReplyDelete