Monday 6 February 2017

Flying the Coop

The Cock-A-Doodle-Do has sounded and we are now officially a week into the Year of the Rooster. 


This is my third year on the team.  The first year, I must admit, I was terrified about what I had gotten myself into.  I decided to take the approach that the goal numbers were merely suggestions that I was working towards.  I really had very little belief that it was even a possibility.  Despite a few severe injuries, I learned that I was capable and that it was possible.  The second year, I went in injured and on medical restrictions that made for a slow start.  The year was a definite roller coaster ride but I learned a lot about myself in the process.  Neither year did I meet my goals.


This year is different.  I am healthy.  I know that I can do this.  I am determined.  I have had a solid first week.  My numbers, in most cases, are right where they need to be.  I have not dug any holes for myself to dig out of.  This year I needed to have a strong start, to hit the road running.  I had a little extra incentive to get that first week done right.


In less than 24 hours I am boarding a plane for California!!!!!  And I'm super excited about that sitting here looking out into that deep freeze we call the outdoors.


I worked hard last week so that I could release myself for the next 10 days to focus on having a blast with my family.  I can guarantee you that I will be getting in the kms.  We will be doing a ton of walking.  As for the rest of the requirements, I am making no promises.  (That is except for my weapons form, which will not be happening.  I have been advised to not take my nunchuks with me to the States for some reason...)  Georgia has been given the homework to do push ups with Mickey so we will have to see if he will accommodate that.  I will fit in what I can and will work really hard when I get home to pick up the slack.  Thankfully it is early in the year.


Unless I see you today at the kwoon, I will see you on the 16th at class! 

2 comments: