Tuesday 20 September 2016

Remarkably Unremarkable...

I have a bit of a routine when it comes to blogging.  I have purposely chosen to not blog on the weekends.  There is just too much going on for me to sit down and collect my thoughts and then put them down.  Then there are Mondays....  They are on the go and busy but this is the day that I usually start thinking about what to write about.  Tuesdays on the most part are the day that I get to regroup at home for most of the day and really get things done.  I try to protect my Tuesdays as much as possible.  Thus, today is blog day!


Yesterday, I starting the thinking process.  Really the past week has been busy but I kept my head down and kept pushing forward.  Really nothing spectacular or out of the ordinary.  Just doing life.  Things are not off the charts amazing but they are good.  I am in a good place.  I feel good.  Life is busy but I am making time to get done what needs doing and still taking time for myself.  It is good.


Last night I sat down to write in my prayer and gratitude journal.  It is something that I do every night (yes, one of my personal requirements).  Lately I've struggled to find anything really new to write about in my gratitude journal.  Things are good, I have lots to be grateful for but I struggle to see new things.  Then I started in on my prayer journal.  Honestly, many of my entries are very self focused but last night my heart was heavy for so many people in my life.  There are so many who are sick, injured and or struggling mentally.  Many have loved ones who are struggling with serious health issues and they are trying to care for them.  A sweet friend lost her father-in-law yesterday.  Sunday would have been my friend's 35th birthday if she had not lost her own battle.  Many are struggling with lack of work and how they are going to support their families.  Last night my heart was focused on those around me.


My conclusion to all of this is that my life, although it may seem utterly unremarkable right now, is so utterly blessed.  Today I am going to cherish that things are good and that they are just ticking along.  Today I will embrace the unremarkable as special gift.

1 comment: