Monday 6 July 2015

Addicted to Busy



There is more to life than increasing its speed.
-Mahatma Gandhi




There has been a lot of talk on the team this year about being busy and trying to fit everything in.  This seems to be a universal struggle.  Our culture is addicted to busy.  Our culture puts a very high premium on being busy.  We are all busy.  We were all busy before we started our year of mastery.  Then we added a bunch of requirements onto the list of things to get done.  So...  If we were already crazy busy and then we add more to our lists of things to do, how on earth would we expect to get it all done...  That really is a million dollar question.


I am about to start reading a book called Addicted to Busy: Recovery for the Rushed Soul by Brady Boyd.  This quote by Gandhi was included at the start of the very first chapter.  It really spoke volumes to me.  Quite honestly I am tired of being busy.  My rushed soul needs a breather.  The book warns that it, like any other book, is not capable of changing lives.  They provide tools to point people in a direction.  It is up to each of us to make the necessary changes in our own individual lives.  The past few months have been filled with change for me as I walk this journey to mastery.  I am ready to entertain more changes if they will help me live a better quality of life that isn't always focused on quantity.


 


1 comment: