Thursday 26 February 2015

Charting My Course - Week 1

I have heard many times that an airplane is rarely exactly on course.  It's path is not a straight line from the starting point to its destination.  There are many factors that knock it a little to the right or to the left.  It is the job of the pilot to be constantly evaluating where the plane is going and to make the necessary corrections.


My journey toward mastery is also going to deviate a little to the left and a little to the right.  The only way to know where I am and where I need to be heading is by checking my numbers regularly.  If I am going to have a successful journey, I need to pilot my own course.  My plan is to total where I am on a weekly basis so that I know exactly where I am and then to post for accountability.


My numbers this week are not where they need to be in order to meet my goals.  That said, I am pleased with what I did accomplish.  I am building strength and momentum that will continue to carry me closer and closer to my end goals.  To put this in perspective - I have likely done 750 more push ups in the last week than I did outside of class in the entire year leading up to last October!  That right there is a major win!


Push ups             754
Sit ups                635
Kempo                 10
KM                    13.5
AoK                     18


Personal Goals:
Gratitude Journal  23
Piano                     2.25 hours
Books finished       1 
Daily items - all seven days!


Along with my wins, I can see that there are many holes that still need filling.  This journey is just beginning!

2 comments:

  1. You should teach me the piano! That'll bump up your numbers and I'd get to learn something I've wanted to for a long time!

    ReplyDelete