Sunday 7 April 2019

My Heart is Full...

This weekend has been a whirlwind of wonderful!

Yesterday my sweet baby girl became a teenager!  What!?!  How did that happen?  This weekend was filled with celebrating her - a birthday dinner out as a family on Friday, a special breakfast and birthday apple crisp on Saturday and a huge shopping trip today to start updating her bedroom.

If that was not enough to fill the weekend, a sweet friend said "I do!" on Saturday as well.  I have to say this was one of the most powerful and beautiful weddings that I have ever been blessed to attend.  The heart of this couple for each other and the people they love shone bright this weekend.  This included an amazing moment where the bride took the time to single out my girl and give her some roses out of her bouquet, a birthday card and a present right in the middle of her own reception.  This selfless act left a huge mark on the people who witnessed it especially Georgia, yet was completely in character for this exceptional young lady.

I would love to say that the I will be stepping out of the whirlwind and settling into the week but I took a peek at my calendar and this week is going to be a hopping one.  My partner in crime has fled town for work and will be gone most of April so I am flying solo in the chaos.  Needless to say, I am ready for bed but I will fall asleep with a huge smile on my face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment