Monday 21 November 2016

Reviewing Progress

One of the most beneficial habits I have established this year has been how I end my days.  I sit with my tracking binder.  I fill in my numbers for the day.  I write down all the acts of kindness I can remember.  I write in my gratitude journal.  Then I finish the day off with a personal journal and prayer time.  It is a great way to look at where I am, how things are going and to prepare myself for the day to come.


Funny things with these valuable habits....  They are so easy to take for granted.  I have ended my day this way for more than 200 days so far this year.  Then the later half of last week hit.  I was feeling physically off and tired.  Many great things were happening during the day BUT there is absolutely little to no record of them.  Why?  Because I allowed my tired self to veg out in front of the tv with my hubbie instead of finishing off my day the way I normally do.


The effect of this is that, although some great things happened last week, many of my numbers were very low.  The end of the week kind of snuck up on me because I was not being intentional about tracking where I was.  I was not always being intentional how I was or was not spending my time.  I was not able to give myself a the necessary kick in the butt because I didn't realize that it was necessary.


So...  The moral of the story is keep track DAILY!  Be accountable to myself DAILY!

No comments:

Post a Comment