Wednesday 6 April 2016

Rainbows, Puppies & Kittens! Oh My....



There are so many things about kung fu that I truly enjoy.  Honestly one of my favourites is forms.  I love the structure.  I love that I can slow it down and really pay attention to the details.  I have a love/hate relationship with the fact that there is always something to fix.  Love the challenge, sometime struggle with frustration with myself. 

Then there are things that I have struggled with in kung fu right from the get go.  The number one struggle that I have is the internal harmonies.  I hear the words "now do it full power and full speed" and what you get is the picture below....



Yes, that is me.  I bring puppies, kittens and rainbows to class.  It has been a long standing joke actually.  I saw this picture for the first time a year ago and thought I have to blog about this.  Well a year later, the mental picture has stuck with me.


So what am I doing about it?  I just keep trying.  I think I am starting to make a little head way.  On Monday in class, I was told that my puppy had grown into a lanky teenage pup.  That's a long way from fluffy kittens.  Maybe someday I can be a Rottweiler (as long as I'm not like the one next door that I call kitty - that's just the same fluffiness in a bigger package).

1 comment:

  1. Lanky teenage German Shepard, remember! You've come a long way, make sure you don't get down on yourself. You will be stronger for the journey- you have excellent flow and when you get so you can combine it with your strength you'll be amazed what you can do.

    ReplyDelete