Tuesday 2 July 2019

Demo Mishap...

Yesterday was Canada Day.   

It started out as a beautiful day.  I took my morning walk then popped into the bath for a soak.  When I got out of the tub the weather had changed drastically...  

The clouds seemed to not only bring in some pretty significant showers but also brought in some funk too.  I can't really describe how I was feeling except to say that I was just off.  Not a great day to feel that way but I pulled myself together and off to the demo we went.  

I felt really quite calm going into the demo.  I walked out and planned to really snap that first pose.  I put a little extra wrist into the snap but instead of snapping my fan into place, I ended up throwing it to the ground with a little extra gusto....  

All I could think was what happened?!?  What can you do?  

I picked up my fan and carried on.  It took a couple moves to settle back in but I feel that I finished fairly strong considering the start.  I honestly do not believe that the issue was caused by a lack of preparation.  We can always be more prepared but this was really one of those weird moments.  I have really been struggling with feeling very disappointed in myself.  

Everyone did such an amazing job.  In many ways, I feel like my mistake was a blemish on such a fantastic demo.  Well done team!  Thank you for rocking it out and helping take the focus off my mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment