Thursday 27 July 2017

Summer Lovin'

I can hardly believe it's already the end of July.  In the chaos of June, I look forward to having things be a little more relaxed for a couple months.  Then I flip the calendar page and it usually does not feel much more relaxed - still great but definitely not relaxed.

July has found us...
* making trips to the lake
* running back and forth from horse camp
* driving through crazy weather to drive to Hunter's Ed camp
* camping
* picking saskatoons by the bucket load
* eating lunch in the pea patch (sh....  don't tell my kids.  That's where I hide...)

In many ways, this month has been therapy for my soul.  I love picking berries and we will not talk about the peas that never seem to make it into my house...  Brings back incredible memories from my childhood.  Being unplugged and away camping was so good - reading by the campfire, walking my sweet Guiness, watching the kids try to catch fish from shore.

As good as this has all been for my soul, it has definitely not been the best for my kung fu or most of my IHC commitments.  The past couple days have been focused on resetting and trying to slide back into some sort of a routine.  I want to look back on the summer with my soul full and not have regrets about where and how I spent my time.

1 comment:

  1. I think if you read your post yourself, you will see that this is exactly what your kung fu needs. Anything that feeds your soul surely serves your kung fu.

    ReplyDelete